Charger Club is CA’s Athletic Booster organization. A component of PTAA, our purpose is to support all aspects of athletics at CA through the promotion of school spirit, good sportsmanship, and volunteer commitment.
Charger Club's Partners
Charger Club works closely with the Athletic Department to support activities, projects and purchases that strengthen student participation in athletics. While Charger Club is part of the CA PTAA, the Club maintains an independent budget, which is funded through its annual membership drive and gifts made directly to the Club.
There’s Something Happening Here
On (almost) any given Monday, an early morning stroll through the lobby of Cary Academy’s Administration building may present two figures huddled together with intensity and enthusiasm. Kevin Wilk and Cindy Mason, co-chairs for the Charger Club, are a perfect example of the energy surging through the PTAA this year. For those new to the school - or perhaps just confused - The Charger Club is Cary Academy’s version of an athletic booster club. Its mission is, quite simply, to enhance academics and community though the vehicle of athletics. In just a few weeks time, the Charger Club has made a lot of things happen around campus. As PTAA President, my call to action for this month is for the community to look, appreciate, participate, and contribute their time and ideas.
- “Pump Up the Volume”: 6 new iPods have been purchased and downloaded with playlists individualized for each of the Cary Academy Fall Sport Teams. The iPods are synchronized to the audio systems at the various athletic venues. Tunes now resonate from our courts and fields, pumping up our students before and between games.
- “Sing Us A Song, You’re the Piano Man”: Students are wanted for pre-game musical performances of the National Anthem. Instrumentals, Vocals, small or large groups are being asked to help showcase the depth and breadth of Cary Academy talent. Encourage your students or help us to develop this program.
- ”Shout, Shout, Let It All Out”: Volunteer students and parents have helped to announce at many of our Cary Academy games. Can you help organize this effort, or perhaps announce at a game yourself?
- “Truckin’”: Food Trucks have and will continue to be on campus the days where we have busy athletic schedules. Don’t see a vendor you love? Volunteer to help us keep the food trucks coming for the winter and spring teams.
- “Who wrote the Book of Love?”: We have a Facebook page titled “Cary Academy Athletics”. Like and follow us on Facebook and, more importantly, post your videos, photos, and scores to share with the community.
“Stand By Me”: Please contact Kevin Wilk at email@example.com or perhaps take a stroll through the Admin building on a Monday morning to discuss these or other ideas in person.