Summer reading plays an important role in helping students to keep up their skills during an extended break while at the same time encouraging them to develop the habit of reading. Below is a list of the summer reading titles for Summer 2019.
- Students going into 6th grade are asked to read at least one grade-level appropriate book of their choice over the summer.
- Students going into 7th grade should read Refugee by Alan Gratz (ISBN 978-0545880831), as well as another book of their choice.
- Students going into 8th grade should choose a biography or autobiography of an influential American to read over the summer, as well as another book of their choice.
- Students going into 9th grade should read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (ISBN 978-1400032716).
- Students going into 10th grade should read The Book of Unknown Americans (ISBN 978-0345806406).
- Students going into 11TH or 12th grade should read How to Read Literature Like a Professor (ISBN 978-0062301673).