CA alumna Anna Jenkins ('15) recently appeared in The Mayo Clinic: Faith - Hope – Science, a new documentary from critically-acclaimed filmmaker Ken Burns. In the documentary—which considers the 150-year history of the esteemed Mayo Clinic—Anna discusses the treatment of her rare congenital heart defect by Mayo Clinic’s Dr. Joseph Dearani. The documentary, which originally aired on PBS on Tuesday, September 26, is now available for online viewing. Anna’s section runs from approximately 41:00 to 44:00.
Thanks to the 19 alumni from seven CA classes who came out for the 16th Annual CA Cross Country Alumni Meet on August 5th! It was great to see everyone! Thanks to all who came out to catch up and enjoy the event:
- Class of 2003 – Matt Chandler, Bryan Fisher, Garrett Roach
- Class of 2009 – David Dement
- Class of 2012 – Thomas Graham, Connor Riser, Jeremy Kleiman
- Class of 2014 – Sarah Hamon
- Class of 2015 – Josh Mitchell
- Class of 2016 – Emma Ehrhardt, Zoe Sheitman, Daniel Schulz, Jack Pullen
- Class of 2017 – Davis Braswell, Tommy Bright, Jonathan Kacvinsky, Kiran Winemiller, Esra Balkas, Emily Lane
Men: Alumni – 27, Varsity – 28
Women: Varsity -17, Alumni – 42
Sarah Bodmer ('17) has been named by The News and Observer as its Girls Track and Field Athlete of the Year.
Recent alum Justin Chen ('17) has been awarded the WRAL-TV Tom Suiter Extra Effort Award for his exploits in track and cross country.
Check out the video below:
Sarah Godwin ('16) is a member and competitor on the Boston University Intercollegiate Figure Skating Team that recently won the U.S. Figure Skating Intercollegiate National Championship.
The best three teams from each section -- East, Midwest and West — meet annually to compete for the national championship. Godwin skated in the Junior Championship Ladies division and earned points for her team at each competition this year.
She is a rising sophomore at Boston University.