Being so supported in the classroom, being given the autonomy to create a new class, to pursue a passion, to take a risk—it is unmatched in any other school.”
Upper School Math Teacher
Join our unique learning community
A diverse learning community dedicated to discovery, innovation, collaboration, and excellence, we’re always looking for dynamic individuals to join us in passionate pursuit of our mission and to serving the unique needs of our students.
Our beliefs about learning
- Learning is an iterative and interdependent process.
- Taking risks, embracing struggle, and developing resilience are essential to deep and lifelong learning.
- Individuals must develop self-awareness as learners and take ownership of their learning.
- Clear, ongoing, and timely feedback elicits self-reflection and drives growth.
- Physical, social, and emotional balance is essential for learning and well-being.
- The most impactful learning occurs when people, disciplines, and ideas connect to address human and community needs.
- Diverse and inclusive environments create a secure and affirming culture that enables both the individual and the community to flourish.
- Excellent teaching is the foundation of an outstanding learning community.
Our campus culture
- Above all else, we are fiercely committed to putting our students first in all that we do.
- We are relentless in the pursuit of our mission.
- We are insatiably curious, knowing that if we are open to and excited about learning the right answers will come to us—eventually!
- Tradition matters to us, but moving forward with an eye to the new, different and unexplored matters even more.
- We deliberately seek out a broad range of backgrounds and experiences in our employees and value this as essential to allowing our community to grow and innovate.
- We share ideas, information and perspectives in a way that honors and empowers everyone and allows our community to thrive.
- We nurture meaningful relationships with community members that make us look forward to coming to work each day.
- We are self-motivated professionals who take pride in and responsibility for our work.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Cary Academy encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to create working and learning environments that are safe and inclusive.
“Cary Academy fosters a learning community where the richness of diversity is recognized, respected, and embraced. Our view of diversity includes but is not limited to ability, age, appearance, gender, national origin, personal qualities, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. Our vision is to nurture and sustain an equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is valued.”CARY ACADEMY DIVERSITY MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission, philosophy, and values
Cary Academy is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, disability, genetic information, possession of sickle cell or hemoglobin C traits, or any other classification protected under applicable law. Cary Academy makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. This commitment is evident in all aspects of Cary Academy’s employment practices and policies, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, benefits, and training.
As Dean of Students, supports the Head of Upper School in the ongoing operations of the Upper School division, helping to ensure that the Upper School program fosters respect, integrity and compassion and nurtures student leadership and involvement. As a faculty member, serves as a model and mentor for other teachers, sharing a passion for a content area with students in engaging and meaningful ways that inspire inquiry and an enduring love of learning. Contributes to the school’s rich extracurricular program and participates actively in the life of our learning community.
If you would like to be considered for our substitute teaching pool, you may submit your materials. Payment is $110/day ($55 for half day).
There are no open staff positions at this time.
Middle School Cross Country, Assistant Coach
Not seeing that perfect-fit position?
We’re always looking for passionate and inspired individuals that share our commitment to diversity, innovation, collaboration, and excellence. To set up alerts for new opportunities in which you might be interested and to submit your materials for future consideration, create a presence in our recruiting system.
Benefits and Perks
At Cary Academy, we reward our employees with competitive salaries and a benefits package that exceeds most other local schools and rivals large corporations. CA either pays 100% or a generous portion of the cost of most of the following benefits for eligible employees:
* Items marked with an asterisk are eligible for Domestic Partnership benefits.
- Medical and Vision Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield NC)*
- PPO Plan
- High-deductible with HSA Plan
- Dental Insurance (Delta Dental)*
- Vision Insurance (Eye Med) *
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare/Dependent Care) *
- Healthcare Savings Account *
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Counseling
- Employee Assistance / Discounts
- 7.5% monthly matching with a 5% minimum contribution
- 403(b) and Roth 403(b)
- Sick Leave*
- Personal Leave*
- Vacation Leave (Faculty follow school calendar)
- Holidays (including Holiday break last week of December)
- Parental Leave*
- Bereavement Leave*
- Military Leave
- Inclement Weather
- 50% Tuition Remission (Extended Day fee is waived)*
- Tablets provided to all employees
- Free lunch (yes, there IS such a thing at Cary Academy)
- Campus Store discounts
- Use of Cary Academy facilities (fitness center, athletics, library/media resources, etc.)
- Activity Tracker reimbursement
- Community purchasing discounts
- Paid continuing education, including travel expenses
- Employee Degree Assistance
- William G. Friday Summer Fellowships (faculty)
- National Board Certification Support Program (faculty)
- Relocation Assistance
- Immigration Assistance
- Pet Insurance Discount
- Referral Bonus
- Periodic socials/outings for employees and families