Being so supported in the classroom, being given the autonomy to create a new class, to pursue a passion, to take a risk—it is unmatched in any other school.”
Upper School Math Teacher
Cary Academy is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, disability, genetic information, possession of sickle cell or hemoglobin C traits, or any other classification protected under applicable law. Cary Academy makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. This commitment is evident in all aspects of Cary Academy’s employment practices and policies, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, benefits, and training.
There are no open leadership positions at this time.
We are seeking an accomplished, imaginative, team-oriented and adventurous world language educator to teach German classes to students in grades 6-8. Cary Academy offers an innovative, proficiency-based curriculum in German, French, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese that is designed to help students build communication skills in a new language while at the same time developing an understanding of and appreciation for the cultures surrounding the language. Classes are conducted in the target language and are highly interactive and communicative, with cultural content that is relevant to the age group being taught. A highlight of the world language curriculum is an international exchange program in the tenth grade. This experience greatly enhances students’ cultural understanding and improves their language proficiency.
We are seeking an accomplished, imaginative, team-oriented and adventurous educator to teach language arts to eighth-grade students. Cary Academy takes an innovative approach to the humanities in the Middle School, integrating language arts and social studies to enrich each content area and to allow students to make important connections across disciplines. The eighth-grade language arts curriculum is tied to eighth- grade U.S. history and provides students with creative and meaningful opportunities to further develop their literary analysis, composition and oral communication skills.
We are seeking an accomplished, imaginative, team-oriented and adventurous educator to teach language arts and social studies classes to sixth-grade students. Cary Academy takes an innovative approach to the humanities in the Middle School, integrating language arts and social studies to enrich each content area and to allow students to make important connections across disciplines. Language Arts 6 is designed to help students develop skills in composition, oral communication and literature, while Social Studies 6 (World Cultures) focuses on the exploration of ancient civilizations and modern non-Western societies.
We are seeking a Middle School Learning Specialist who supports faculty in addressing the specific learning needs of students in grades 6-8 with diagnosed learning differences; provides direct services to students and coordinates referrals for outside support, referrals for testing, and the implementation of support in response to a documented learning difference; works closely with the Upper School Learning Specialist, counseling staff, division heads, parents and community professionals.
Cary Academy seeks an Associate Director of Enrollment Management to assist in the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of students in grade 6 – 12 and to support the implementation of financial assistance programs.
Not seeing that perfect-fit position?
We’re always looking for passionate and inspired individuals that share our commitment to diversity, innovation, collaboration, and excellence. To set up alerts for new opportunities in which you might be interested and to submit your materials for future consideration, create a presence in our recruiting system.
Benefits and Perks
At Cary Academy, we reward our employees with competitive salaries and a benefits package that exceeds most other local schools and rivals large corporations. CA either pays 100% or a generous portion of the cost of most of the following benefits for eligible employees:
* Items marked with an asterisk are eligible for Domestic Partnership benefits.
- Medical and Vision Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield NC)*
- PPO Plan
- High-deductible with HSA Plan
- Dental Insurance (Delta Dental)*
- Vision Insurance (Eye Med) *
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare/Dependent Care) *
- Healthcare Savings Account *
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Counseling
- Employee Assistance / Discounts
- 7.5% monthly matching with a 5% minimum contribution
- 403(b) and Roth 403(b)
- Sick Leave*
- Personal Leave*
- Vacation Leave (Faculty follow school calendar)
- Holidays (including Holiday break last week of December)
- Parental Leave*
- Bereavement Leave*
- Military Leave
- Inclement Weather
- 50% Tuition Remission (Extended Day fee is waived)*
- Tablets provided to all employees
- Free lunch (yes, there IS such a thing at Cary Academy)
- Campus Store discounts
- Use of Cary Academy facilities (fitness center, athletics, library/media resources, etc.)
- Activity Tracker reimbursement
- Community purchasing discounts
- Paid continuing education, including travel expenses
- Employee Degree Assistance
- William G. Friday Summer Fellowships (faculty)
- National Board Certification Support Program (faculty)
- Relocation Assistance
- Immigration Assistance
- Pet Insurance Discount
- Referral Bonus
- Periodic socials/outings for employees and families