Being so supported in the classroom, being given the autonomy to create a new class, to pursue a passion, to take a risk—it is unmatched in any other school.”
Upper School Math Teacher
Cary Academy is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, disability, genetic information, possession of sickle cell or hemoglobin C traits, or any other classification protected under applicable law. Cary Academy makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. This commitment is evident in all aspects of Cary Academy’s employment practices and policies, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, benefits, and training.
The Middle School Science Teacher is part of a larger Middle School faculty team dedicated to meeting and nurturing the unique developmental needs of the young adolescent learner.
The Middle School Science Teacher is expected to share his or her passion for science in engaging and meaningful ways that build on the students’ natural curiosity and foster interactive, participatory and discovery learning. The Middle School Science Teacher also serves as an advisor and contributes to the school’s rich extracurricular programs.
Start date: July 2021
We are seeking an accomplished, imaginative, team-oriented and adventurous math educator to teach in our Middle School math program. Courses to be taught may include Math 6, Math 7, Transitional Math, or Algebra. The curriculum focuses upon problem-solving and application of math concepts to real-world situations. All courses incorporate calculators, digital tools, and manipulatives to enhance the student learning experience, and mathematical communication and reasoning are emphasized to strengthen student understanding.
The Upper School English Teacher is part of a larger Upper School faculty team dedicated to working together with students in a highly interactive and collaborative learning environment that inspires inquiry and an enduring love of learning. The Upper School English Teacher is expected to share his or her passion for reading and writing in engaging and meaningful ways and to challenge students to relate their learning to other disciplines and to the world in which they live. The Upper School English Teacher also serves as an advisor, developing personal connections with a group of student advisees. In addition, the Upper School English Teacher contributes to the school’s rich extracurricular program and participates actively in the life of our learning community.
The CA Fund Director manages Cary Academy’s comprehensive annual giving program with primary responsibility for strategic planning, implementation, and execution. The Director develops and executes a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving e-mails, direct mail, phone, personal visitation, and volunteer engagement focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support for the CA Fund. The Director provides strategic direction and pipeline-building insight in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign priorities set forth by the Head of School and Director of Development.
Benefits and Perks
At Cary Academy, we reward our employees with competitive salaries and a benefits package that exceeds most other local schools and rivals large corporations. CA either pays 100% or a generous portion of the cost of most of the following benefits for eligible employees:
* Items marked with an asterisk are eligible for Domestic Partnership benefits.
- Medical and Vision Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield NC)*
- PPO Plan
- High-deductible with HSA Plan
- Dental Insurance (Delta Dental)*
- Vision Insurance (Eye Med) *
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare/Dependent Care) *
- Healthcare Savings Account *
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Counseling
- Employee Assistance / Discounts
- 7.5% monthly matching with a 5% minimum contribution
- 403(b) and Roth 403(b)
- Sick Leave*
- Personal Leave*
- Vacation Leave (Faculty follow school calendar)
- Holidays (including Holiday break last week of December)
- Parental Leave*
- Bereavement Leave*
- Military Leave
- Inclement Weather
- 50% Tuition Remission (Extended Day fee is waived)*
- Tablets provided to all employees
- Free lunch (yes, there IS such a thing at Cary Academy)
- Campus Store discounts
- Use of Cary Academy facilities (fitness center, athletics, library/media resources, etc.)
- Activity Tracker reimbursement
- Community purchasing discounts
- Paid continuing education, including travel expenses
- Employee Degree Assistance
- William G. Friday Summer Fellowships (faculty)
- National Board Certification Support Program (faculty)
- Relocation Assistance
- Immigration Assistance
- Pet Insurance Discount
- Referral Bonus
- Periodic socials/outings for employees and families