Being so supported in the classroom, being given the autonomy to create a new class, to pursue a passion, to take a risk—it is unmatched in any other school.”
Upper School Math Teacher
Cary Academy is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, disability, genetic information, possession of sickle cell or hemoglobin C traits, or any other classification protected under applicable law. Cary Academy makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. This commitment is evident in all aspects of Cary Academy’s employment practices and policies, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, benefits, and training.
There are no open leadership positions at this time.
If you would like to be considered for our substitute teaching pool, you may submit your materials.
We are seeking two Cafe and Campus Store Supervisors (morning and afternoon shifts) to supervise and perform Cary Academy Café and Campus Store daily retail and food and beverage operations and to mentor CA students in operating a food service and retail environment that also functions as an entrepreneurship learning lab.
Not seeing that perfect-fit position?
We’re always looking for passionate and inspired individuals that share our commitment to diversity, innovation, collaboration, and excellence. To set up alerts for new opportunities in which you might be interested and to submit your materials for future consideration, create a presence in our recruiting system.
Benefits and Perks
At Cary Academy, we reward our employees with competitive salaries and a benefits package that exceeds most other local schools and rivals large corporations. CA either pays 100% or a generous portion of the cost of most of the following benefits for eligible employees:
* Items marked with an asterisk are eligible for Domestic Partnership benefits.
- Medical and Vision Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield NC)*
- PPO Plan
- High-deductible with HSA Plan
- Dental Insurance (Delta Dental)*
- Vision Insurance (Eye Med) *
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare/Dependent Care) *
- Healthcare Savings Account *
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Counseling
- Employee Assistance / Discounts
- 7.5% monthly matching with a 5% minimum contribution
- 403(b) and Roth 403(b)
- Sick Leave*
- Personal Leave*
- Vacation Leave (Faculty follow school calendar)
- Holidays (including Holiday break last week of December)
- Parental Leave*
- Bereavement Leave*
- Military Leave
- Inclement Weather
- 50% Tuition Remission (Extended Day fee is waived)*
- Tablets provided to all employees
- Free lunch (yes, there IS such a thing at Cary Academy)
- Campus Store discounts
- Use of Cary Academy facilities (fitness center, athletics, library/media resources, etc.)
- Activity Tracker reimbursement
- Community purchasing discounts
- Paid continuing education, including travel expenses
- Employee Degree Assistance
- William G. Friday Summer Fellowships (faculty)
- National Board Certification Support Program (faculty)
- Relocation Assistance
- Immigration Assistance
- Pet Insurance Discount
- Referral Bonus
- Periodic socials/outings for employees and families