Facilities innovation is crucial in keeping CA and its students on the cutting-edge. This summer, the Upper School will undergo a long-awaited (and remarkably fast) transformation
to create more welcoming and flexible spaces that better meet the needs of today’s—and tomorrow’s—students, including
- a new home for Center of Community Engagement, featuring enclosed offïces and an open collaboration space outfitted with flexible-use furniture;
- consolidated spaces for student support services, closer to the college counseling center;
- a teaching kitchen where students can explore entrepreneurship ideas or sample cuisines from across the globe as part of their world language classes;
- multiple, multifunctional “collabolounge” spaces;
- renovation of more than 20 classrooms to be more open, modern, and collaborative; and
- revision of the entryway and halls to allow for more natural light.